APPEAL of the participants of the National ToT on Women's Leadership and Political ParticipationСен 29.2021
The Human Rights Movement "Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan" in partnership with the Central Election Commission (CEC) of the KR and the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) in the framework of the program of WLP (Women's Learning Partnership) to promote women's leadership and political participation conducted a training in Osh for representatives of Osh, Jalalabad and Batken oblasts from 22 to 24 September 2021.
The main purpose of the event is to activate and engage leaders of local communities, deputies of local keneshes, youth and the media in promoting women's leadership and political participation during the period of risks and disasters from local to global level through training and creating a network of leaders of local communities, as well as informing about the peculiarities of the electoral legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, including quotas for women and youth before the parliamentary elections to be conducted in the KR on 28 November, 2021.
Following the event, the participants created a National Platform for mobilization and solidarity of women activists in promoting gender equality and justice in the face of new risks and challenges. The National Platform developed recommendations to the President of the KR, Government of the KR, CEC of the KR, LSG bodies, political parties and CSOs:
- Engage leaders and activists of local communities in improving the civic education of women, youth, local media on electoral rights, monitoring compliance with the rule of law and active participation in the parliamentary elections.
- Ensure that women have equal access to and exercise their electoral rights, paying special attention to vulnerable groups, national minorities, youth and closed communities.
- Increase quotas for women to over 30% in the Jogorku Kenesh of the KR, and when a woman deputy resigns, ensure that the next female candidate retains the mandate.
- Review and expand the scope of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Defence and Protection Against Family Violence" to include issues of gender-based violence against all women, regardless of their marital status.
- Synchronize the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 and the National Action Plan of the Ministry of Emergency Situations for Countering Risks and Disasters during the period of 2021-2030 ahead of the Global Summit in Glasgow, Scotland, to promote sustainable community development, women's leadership and equal participation in decision-making processes from local to global level.
- Include women community leaders in peacekeeping missions, negotiations and consultations, at the interstate level on countering risks and disasters, managing transboundary natural resources at all levels - national, regional and global.
Participants of the ToT "Women's Leadership and Political Participation", HRM "Bir Duino Kyrgyzstan", WLP, partner organizations: