Public Association “Human Rights Movement: Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan” is the successor of the Public Association “Citizens against Corruption” (CAC), founded in May 2000, which is the successor of the first association “Coalition for Democracy and Civil Society”, established in December 1998. Since forming the Public Association “Citizens against Corruption”, the organization’s staff has made a big contribution to the development of the human rights movement in Kyrgyzstan.
BDK was created to promote civil, political, cultural and economic rights and other social useful objectives, using monitoring and analysis tools for human rights evaluation in Kyrgyzstan. To achieve the goal of creating an effective monitoring system, targeted at human rights evaluation, BDK seeks to increase civil participation among youth and marginalized groups of population using the existing frameworks laid out by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic .
Achievements and development of the organization:
• Establishment of the partner network “People Changing the World”, which united 51 NGOs and 100 activists to support founding nine Committees for transparency and the Anticorruption Solidarity Network of the Fergana valley with support from the Institute for Democracy in Eastern Europe ;
• Establishment of the Human Rights Defenders Fund in Central Asia;
• Protection of the citizens’ rights for the peaceful rallies and meetings in the Constitutional Court of the Kyrgyz Republic, which entailed the abolition of the unconstitutional laws and regulations;
• Initiation of the adaptation process of EITI (Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) in Kyrgyzstan  and provision of support in creating the Civil Society Consortium on promotion .
• Reregistration of the PA “Citizens against Corruption” in the Human Rights Centre “Citizens against Corruption” with opening of the legal clinic “Right for Everyone”, allowing to provide legal assistance to the victims of torture and injustice;
• Release of the documentary film about refugees from Andijan, women and children “People who were shot” made by the journalist Azima Rasulova and CAC.
• Collaboratively with the lawyer Sartbai Jaichibekov, CAC reached approval of the judicial decision to pay compensation to the victims of Aksy tragedy in the amount of 12 450 000 som;
• Collaboratively with the local human rights defender and leader of NGO “CAREC” from Barskoon village, where the accident due to the fault of the gold mining company happened, CAC reached judicial decision to pay compensation to the victims of Barskoon tragedy in the amount of 3 million US dollars;
• Protection of citizens’ rights – right for life: CAC initiative, Bishkek – capital of the KR - joined to the international action “Cities for Life” – cities against death penalty, held by the Christian Community in Rome “Saint’ Egidio”  and Caritas France .
• CAC lawyer Diana Makenbaeva collaboratively with the teacher and CAC partner Lilia Sopieva reached judicial decision for additional payment for the length of teaching experience to 59 teachers of Tonski rayon in the amount of 700 000 som.
• In September the first International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival “Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan” was launched;
• In December 2007 the death penalty in Kyrgyzstan was abolished and further amendments were introduced to the Constitution of the KR;
• CAC became the member of the civic campaign network for Fair and Free Elections for monitoring early parliamentary elections. For participation in the campaign “I do not believe”, held on 18 December 2007, 27 activists were detained during peaceful meetings at the Ala-Too Square;
• UN Committee satisfied the complaint of the lawyer Jaichibekov S., filed against the Kyrgyz Republic by the victims of Aksy tragedy Umetaliev F. and Tashtanbekov A., whose son was killed during Aksy events on 18 March 2002. Such decision of the UN Committee was the first successful experience of the partners’ solidarity network within 6 years of fighting for the rights of Aksy people. Kyrgyzstan was found guilty for violating the citizens’ rights, not ensuring their safety and taking the people’s lives in peacetime.
• BDK continued 5-year cooperation with Women’s Learning Partnership, conducting trainings on women’s leadership; the manual “Choosing Leadership” is translated and adapted to Kyrgyz language.
• Due to decrease of space for NGOs and media the innovative project “Civic journalism” was initiated, which received the international prize of France “Liberty. Equality. Fraternity” on 10 December 2009;
• Monitoring and conflicts resolution by peaceful means during revolution in April 2010 and Osh events in June 2010;
• Opening of the public consulting office in Osh city for the victims of conflict in Osh city and Osh oblast;
• Adaptation of 12 radio-trainings on women’s leadership at the Kyrgyz Public Television and Radio Corporation (ОТРК);
• Commencement of the law-suit protecting human rights defender Azimjan Askarov on national level and lobbying his interests on international level with support of International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH); 
• Legal assistance and defense in the case of second revolution, taken on 7 April 2010;
• UN Human Rights Committee delivered the judgment on case of the lawyer Nina Zotova, on behalf of Otabek Ahadov and Ahmet Gyunan. The committee stated that Kyrgyzstan infringed several articles of the Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and has to carry out its international obligations.
• Defense of the labor migrants’ rights in the frame of the Civil Partnership Platform “Central Asia in Movement”, collaboratively with 25 NGOs. 
• Monitoring of the budget transparency of Jogorku Kenesh  and submitting recommendations on effectiveness of its use by the Parliament.
• Arranging the First School Competition of the Social Videos in the frame of school program of the International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival “Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan”;
• As per results of the training conducted in 2012, 13 women-participants from 4 oblasts became the delegates of the local keneshs. .
• Reregistration of the PA “Human Rights Center “Citizens against Corruption” in the PA “Human Rights Movement: Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan”;
• Opening the office of the Center for Family Recovery “Alternativa”, which promotes the juvenile justice in Kyrgyzstan, as well as rights of the convicted and sentenced for the life imprisonment persons and their family members;
• Defense of the Osh events’ victims on national level and submission of complaints to the UN Human Rights Committee;
 website : http://idee.org/
 website : http://eiti.org/KyrgyzRepublic
 see: http://eiti.org.kg/index.php/ru/news/24-new11
 website : http://www.santegidio.org/
 website : http://www.secours-catholique.org/traduction/english-version/about-us/our-mission,083.html
 resource: http://www.fidh.org/en/eastern-europe-central-asia/kyrgyzstan/ASKAROV-Case
 see: www.caplatform.org
 resource : http://www.kenesh.kg/
 see : https://www.facebook.com/wlp.kyrgyzstan?fref=ts